BOOZE or BUD?
Any Recreational puffer (pot smoker) will choose pot over poison – for many reasons. In spite of nearly 100 years of prohibition – Cannabis still reigns in efficacy and promise. The plant itself has been used medicinally, spiritually and recreationally for thousands of years and yet somehow (and we all have opinions on why) in less than 100 years between media blitzes, government prohibition and the SCIENCE of pharmaceuticals, society was been reconditioned to see this plant as an evil drug. I bookmarked several decent articles on the HISTORY OF MARIJUANA that are pretty easy quick reads.
The History of Marijuana:
- Marijuana’s History: How One Plant Spread Through the World (By Agata Blaszczak-Boxe – October 17, 2014) From the Asian steppes where Cannabis sativa plants first evolved, to prehistoric hunters and gatherers, ancient China, Viking ships and finally the Americas, a new report outlines marijuana’s history.
- advanced holistic health produced a Complete world history of marijuana use with embedded videos from around the web
- For a more in-depth review of Legal history of cannabis in Canada Wikipedia delivers quality information and great references.
Marijuana / Cannabis has certainly been given a bad rap and if not yourself, than surely someone you know, will still have the belief that marijuana is a dangerous and addictive drug. Many still fear that it is a gateway to hard drugs, that it causes lung cancer, that it will fry your brain and cause you to be a couch potato who sits around doing nothing all day.
The pharmaceuticals the Doctors and specialists had me on – kept me in a drug hazed stupor. I could feel noting but moments of shooting pain, I could focus on nothing for any length of time and my ability to think clearly or recall even the most minute details diminished dramatically – I EXISTED IN A PHARMACEUTICAL COMA and could not speak, walk or talk clearly in any way shape or form. I have been pharmaceutical free since approximately 2012, relying primarily on marijuana for pain and symptom relief as well as healing. I WALK, or RUN, DANCE or PLAY actively every day since!
In light of my own personal experience – I am very passionate that POT over PILLS for health and wellness any day, and I will advise and promote the belief pretty adamantly! Education is empowering, my research into alternative solutions changed everything I had been conditioned to believe about marijuana INCLUDING RECREATIONAL USAGE!
Recreational use of marijuana is more frequently the choice over alcohol by educated puffers for good reason…. ALCOHOL IS TOXIC! No big secret that it IS A HIGHLY ADDICTIVE SUBSTANCE and VERY HARMFUL TO THE BODY – MIND AND SPIRIT.
Many of us know the negative impact alcohol has had in our own experiences or that of others – “liquid courage” has been the driving force behind numerous “bad, wrong or immoral” decisions or actions. Resulting in more personal injuries, interpersonal violence, and family destruction than any other legal socially acceptable substance. The effects that alcohol has on the mind is therefore, two fold, mental and physical.
The physical impact alcohol has on our systems is well researched and documented – most commonly addressed :
- Alcohol poisoning
- High blood pressure, stroke, and other heart-related diseases
- Liver disease
- Nerve damage
- Sexual problems
- Permanent damage to the brain
- Vitamin B1 deficiency, which can lead to a disorder characterized by amnesia, apathy and disorientation
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach walls)
- Cancer of the mouth and throat
MARIJUANA DOESN’T – INFORMATION IS POWER
An incredible amount of information can be gleaned from the book MARIJUANA IS SAFER: So why are we driving people to drink? it can be purchased through our affiliate store at Amazon.ca or accessed for free on-line at Scribd.com.
Get Healthy, Be Strong, Stay happy!